About the Department
Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) Department of this college started its journey since 2002 with an intake of 60 students. The department is providing state of the art facilities in laboratories. All the laboratories are well equipped with modern and sophisticated instruments/equipments and software like Spectrum Analyzer, DSO, Blue tooth system, test bench etc. Department also offers original software like Tanner Tools, Mentor Graphics, MATLAB etc. There are well experienced and highly qualified List of Faculty Members in the department. Faculty members pay attention to each individual student for their progress and arrange special classes and tutorial sessions frequently beyond the scheduled academic classes. List of Faculty Members always encourage students for higher studies, paper publications, seminar & conference participation etc.
The students of ECE are well placed in various MNC every year like TCS, Oracle, Ericsson, Wipro, Hexaware, Mind fire solutions, Siemens etc. Some students have qualified in GATE, CAT, MAT, GRE etc. for higher studies.
Vision of the Department
1. To excel in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and related areas.
2. To produce good, high quality, creative, productive and self-motivated engineers with a sense of engineering ethics and who will possess innovative minds with sound practical knowledge and survive for betterment of mankind and society.
Mission of the Department
1. To impart high quality education and professional engineering ethics to students in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
2. To provide the students with a high degree of social consciousness and a sense of humanity thereby enabling them to face real-time challenges with courage.
3. To adopt the best pedagogical methods in teaching and learning process for improvement of the understanding of theoretical knowledge in practical scenario.
4. To provide best experts, infrastructure and resources to the students for creating a conducive environment for the growth of technical education as well as research.
Program Outcomes (POs)
1. Engineering Knowledge: Application of the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
2. Problem Analysis: Identification and formulation of research literature and analysis of complex engineering problems to reach substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
3. Design/development of Solutions: Design of solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
4. Conducting Investigations of Complex Problems: Use of research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
5. Modern Tool usage: Creation, selection and application of appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6. The Engineer and Society: Application of reasoning, informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understanding the impact of the professional engineering solutions in social and environmental context and demonstration of knowledge and need for sustainable development
8. Ethics: Application of ethical principles and commitment to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team Work: Functioning effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicating effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design, documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrating knowledge and understanding engineering and management principles and applying these to one’s own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognizing the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1. To identify, analyze and apply the expertise gained in basic sciences and mathematics in solving problems related to electronics and communication technologies.
PEO 2. To develop and implement analog and digital electronic circuits with given specifications for modern communication systems.
PEO 3. For using modern approaches and inculcating the practice of team work to achieve project goals.
PEO 4. To effectively interact and display leadership skills and show professional behavior.
PEO 5. To engage in lifelong self-learning, career development and respond to changing professional and social needs through multi disciplinaries.
PEO 6. To instill in students a desire to be creative and passionate about excellence in Electronics & Communication Engineering fields.
PEO 7. To develop management and soft skills so that they are sufficiently confident and capable to take on demanding responsibilities & leadership positions in the industrial sector.
PEO 8. To train the students learn professional integrity, social values, and commitment to duty in order to prove to be a respectable Indian citizen with an international perspective.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO 1.Capacity to apply principles in Electronics & Communication Engineering to develop and execute complex systems in the areas of Semiconductor Technology, Analog and Digital Electronics, Networking, Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded Systems.
PSO 2. Skills to consider technical developments and the use of modern design methods for evaluating and designing subsystems / processes for a number of applications.
PSO 3. To acquire hardware and software skills related to Electronics & Communications research and business standards, while gaining soft skills such as dedication, sound judgment across projects and industrial experiences.
PSO 4. To get an opportunity to interact in both oral and written form, the research already completed and future plans with the requisite road maps, showing the practice of professional ethics and the social and environmental impact issues.
|Name: Dr. Mousumi Karmakar|
|Qualification:||Ph.D. (AcSIR, CSIR-CMERI)
|Designation:||Head of the Department (HOD)|