Electrical Engineering (Intake: 60)
About the Department
Department of Electrical Engineering (EE) of this college started its journey since 2002 with an intake of 60 students. The department of EE is well equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure in laboratories, which houses modern and sophisticated instruments/equipments. The Department is providing well experienced and highly qualified List of Faculty Members. List of Faculty Members take care of each student; arranging special classes and tutorial sessions frequently beyond the scheduled classes for their sustainable career growth. The teachers always encourage the students for their higher studies, paper publication, seminar & conference attending etc. The students of EE are placed in various MNCs every year like TCS, Oilco India, Venus Control & Switch Gear, Hindustan Glass etc. Some of our students have qualified GATE as well.
Vision of the Department
We strive continually to provide quality technical education to prepare globally competent and ethically strong Electrical Engineers with innovative power to contribute the knowledge for the betterment of society.
Mission of the Department
- M1: To impart strive quality education and enhance skills for nurturing globally competent Electrical Engineers.
- M2: To provide state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities to create, interpret, apply knowledge.
- M3: Motivate the students and faculty for imbibing morality and values through ethical practices.
- M4: To educate the students to cope up with modern technology to meet industry needs.
- M5: To emphasize and inculcate research attitude among students and faculty.
- M6: Aim to develop effective interface with industries and communities.
- M7: To come up with solutions for indege no us developement
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: To provide students with strong fundamentals and domain knowledge of Electrical engineering.
- PEO2: To augment professional competency to develop multidesciplinary approach.
- PEO3: To inculcate professionalism, ethics, communication and teamwork skills in students.
- PEO4: To help and enable students to design and analyze system, and develop solutions for the real life problems.
- PEO5: To understand the area of interest of students and them.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: To enhance ability of the students to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- PO2: Ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering and engineering science problems, analysis and interpretation of the same.
- PO3: Ability to design solution for complex engineering problems and design system components/process with due consideration for public safety and environmental issues.
- PO4: Use of research based knowledge and different research techniques for design experiment, analysis and interpretation of data with relevant conclusions.
- PO5: Ability to use modern techniques in electrical engineering and software based tools for conducting experiments and data interpretation.
- PO6: Ability to understand the importance of safety precautions to be followed by society while working with Electrical Installations.
- PO7: Ability to identify and understand environmental issues with social awareness.
- PO8: Understand professional, social and ethical responsibility to bear a good moral character.
- PO9: Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and teamwork in the workplace to function professionally.
- PO10: Ability to communicate social and engineering problems with effective report writing and presentation skills.
- PO11: Ability to apply principles of business practices and entrepreneurship development.
- PO12: Ability to develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
Head of the Department
|Name: Dr. Soumya Ghosh
||Head of the Department (HOD)